Saturday 3 January 2009

Good Time Funny Birthday!

Hello there ladies and gents. This is 20 year-old Good Time Funny Girl Courtney here just saying hello and making you aware of today's special birthday events that weren't really all that special, but enjoyable no less.

We started out our day by strolling out of bed casually at noon because we never get any sort of decent sleep and we didn't have anything to do. We then proceeded to walk down the street to the London Bridge underground station because we've become addicted to cheap organic milk and treats. And because it's my birthday and I do what I want. We ate some chocolate croissant things and then some muffins and had a delicious time. A boy I have a silly crush on from the ysa dance called me while we were there and sang happy birthday to me in an unsuccessful attempt to sing like Marilyn Monroe and, baffled when I told him we had nothing to do on my birthday, asked us if we wanted to hang out with him and his friends. We agreed and went back to our hostel to get looking so fine and then headed over to the Tate Museum of Modern Art to meet up with them.

The group we fond there was a diverse bunch--a Brazilian, a Canadian, two Brits, and a dude from Norway. We looked around there for a bit, but I think they'd been there for a while, and Megan and I had already seen it, so we soon left to dinner. We ate at a really delicious Turkish place, but unfortunately Good Time Funny Girls were still stuffed off of milk and muffins, so Megan just ordered some hummus and I ordered an appetizer that turned out to be a really big lamb pizza thing that I couldn't finish. Luckily James was hungry enough for everybody, so the food did not go to waste.

After that, we just wandered around interesting places and made everybody walk with their arms linked because we're goons. They were good sports about all of it. In fact, at times they might have even thought we were slightly funny. Sometimes not, though. However, I attribute this entirely to the culture gap. Because Good Time Funny Girls are 100% Grade-A hilarious. Duh.

But yes, we had a good birthday party day. It was so incredibly nice to be able to socialize. We (particularly myself) have been starving for some social interaction. I just can't take not having friends around, I guess. It makes London feel pretty boring. When Megan was asking me what I wanted to do this morning, I just kept on saying "I want to hang out with Dan and Drew and Evan and Monica and Lydia...etc..." But in general we're doing quite fine. We're dying to go to church tomorrow and make even more friends. It'll be nice to feel like we've got our feet on the ground someplace. I'm absolutely dying to have a bishop to call my own. Hah, it hasn't even been a week. It turns out that this Good Time Funny Girl's skin isn't all that thick.

Good breakfast, good socializing, good birthday! Little Megan "I'm not tired at all" Christopher is lying on the bench behind me sleeping her heart out and doesn't look so comfortable, so I'd better wake her up and take her to bed. We've got high hopes for making some job connections at church tomorrow. And who knows, maybe even some love connections? Eh? Meh. We'll keep you posted.

Over and out,
GTFG Courtney T.

No comments:

Post a Comment